Sunday, May 1, 2016

Day 2

 Day two was a big day for me, because I learned how to snorkel.  I had tried once or twice before and not been successful with it, but I was determined to get the hang of it this time.  Patrick, very patiently, showed me how to do it, and once I got the hang of it I loved it.  We snorkeled around one of the small islands for hours.  We saw lots of bright fish, and sea turtles, which was so cool.  It was so relaxing.  It feels like you're just floating on top of the water, only flipped over, so you can see the view below.
 On the boat ride over to the island...




 We invested in some hats on Day 2.  The sun was pretty intense, and we didn't want to get too baked.  So, the Bahamian ladies were making these hats, and we got what we could find!  It worked, and kept our heads from getting too fried!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah, I have some interesting memories of learning to snorkel, but once I did, I absolutely loved it!
The scenery is just so pretty! I love the color of the water.
Great pictures of y'all too!