Thursday, July 29, 2010

The car!

As everyone knows our family was in a bad car wreck two weeks ago today. The Lord spared us all from what could have been a horrible outcome. Our car rolled several times, and Adrian and Olivia were thrown from the car. Adrian was unconscious, but came to after several minutes. Olivia was found a good 30 feet from the car, and was on her stomach trying to roll over. She had a very small scratch on her head, and was a little upset, but otherwise totally fine. Brandon was totally fine too, just had a few scratches on his arm from the glass. Hannah-Lynn's left leg was cut to the bone by her carseat strap. She was in pretty bad shape, and was the first one to be ambulanced to the hospital. The life flight was called, but the ambulance was closer. She never lossed consciousness, but was just very upset about it all. Patrick's left shoulder hurt him for a while, and he had a few minor cuts, but otherwise was fine. My face and foot was beat up pretty bad. I had a slice above my right eye that went to my skull, and had a cut on my left side too. I was able to help the kids out until the ambulances got there, and then my strength began to quickly diminish. All of us were transported via ambulance to the hospital. After spending the night in the hospital all of us, with the exception of Hannah-Lynn, were released. She had to have two surgeries on her leg to repair the cut, and still has one more tomorrow to remove the staples they had to place inside her muscles to fuse them back together. All in all we are doing well and recovering. Adrian was able to get his neckbrace taken off on Monday, and his fractured collar bone is healing. We just marvel at how the Lord watched over us, and kept our family all together on this earth! There was several seconds that went by after the car came to a stop where I wondered if I had lost two of my children. It was a feeling I will never forget, and I'm so glad they are all here with me still.
This is the side of the car I was on, and Brandon was in the back seat.





Every bit of glass broke, including the sunroof. There wasn't a window left!


5 comments:

Kath said...

OH WOW! It must have been absolutely terrifying and heart-rendering minutes when you didn't know the state of all of your children. What a kind God we have, and how merciful. Praying for the continued recovery of you all.
With Love,
Kath (& family)

Unknown said...

Once again I'm just thankful the Lord spared all of you. It's amazing. Love y'all!

McLanger said...

What an awesome testimony of God's love and grace. Praising God that you are all here with us still. Love you guys!

Rachel T. said...

Wow!! God was sure watching out for ya'll! So glad everyone is ok!

Glidewell Family said...

I just can imagine those few minutes. I get tears just thinking of it. When Ryan pulled us over and said you were in a terrible accident and kids were thrown from the car we were sure we were in FL. to see a funeral. Praise God our first thoughts were not true.